Barry has been a licensed patent attorney since 1995 and focuses his practice on patent litigation and IPR proceedings. Prior to joining the firm, Barry worked at Vinson & Elkins, served as general counsel of a publically traded technology company, and was the senior licensing attorney for a large semiconductor company.
Since the founding of the firm ten years ago, Barry has served as lead counsel in patent litigation lawsuits in Hawaii, Delaware, and many states in between. He has participated in numerous IPR proceedings and served as lead counsel in appeals of district court and IPR proceedings to the Federal Circuit. Barry brings deep knowledge of software, telecommunications, and other electrical disciplines to the teams of which he is a part, as well as his over twenty years of experience in technology law.
Barry received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&M University in 1990 and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 1995. Between undergraduate and law school, Barry was a firmware engineer for a telecommunications company.
University of Texas – Austin
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
Texas A&M University
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes and Covered Business Method Review
- Patent Analysis
- State of Texas
- United States Patent Office
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois.