Bobby’s practice focuses on intellectual property matters and litigation, and he represents clients in a wide range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, software, and medical devices. His substantial litigation experience on both sides of the bar includes all phases of lawsuits from fact and expert discovery to trial and appeal.
Bobby previously served as a senior associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he gained substantial trial experience as an integral part of several trial teams. His experience and capabilities extend to antitrust litigation, technology transactions including settlement and licensing agreements, intellectual property opinions and analyses, Inter Partes Review, and patent and trademark prosecution.
Before attending law school, Bobby earned his B.S. and M.S. degrees in chemistry and worked as a development chemist for the polymer industry. During his time as a chemist, he served on an international polymer research team and developed several polymer composite systems used in the marine, wind, transportation, and aerospace industries. Bobby also previously served as an adjunct professor of general, nursing, and organic chemistry for several universities in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
University of Texas School of Law
- J.D., with Honors
- Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal, Managing Editor
University of Texas – Arlington
- M.S., Chemistry
- Synergistic Graduate Chemistry Association, President
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award
Texas A&M University
- B.S., Chemistry
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Review/Post-Grant Proceedings
- Patent Licensing
- Patent and Trademark Prosecution
- IP Portfolio Development and Counseling
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- Texas Bar College
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois.