Brian’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial and patent litigation. His practice has given him experience in many areas of litigation, including: due diligence and case assessment, motion practice, discovery, and hearing and trial preparation. Brian also has extensive experience in Inter Partes Review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Brian’s experience in patent matters spans a wide variety of technological fields, including wireless networking, telecommunications, stacked electronics components, solid state drives, mobile phones, biometrics, high definition televisions, digital video recording, and oilfield technology.
Brian joined Nelson Bumgardner Albritton in 2019 after practicing for more than six years at boutique intellectual property firms in Dallas. His experience at these boutiques includes litigating patent cases around the country as well as matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and International Trade Commission.
Brian earned his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a Certificate in Architectural Engineering from Duke University. He then received his Juris Doctorate from Duke University School of Law.
Brian is admitted to practice in Texas and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas and the Eastern District of Michigan. He is also a registered Patent Attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Duke University School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Certificate in Architectural Engineering
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Review and other Post-Grant Patent Proceedings
- Commercial Litigation
- State of Texas
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois