Chris focuses his practice on technology litigation and other forms of commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels. Chris routinely litigates patent-infringement cases in courts throughout the United States. Chris also has experience with trade-secret, trademark, and other complex business disputes.
Chris joined Nelson Bumgardner in 2017 after practicing intellectual-property law at Baker Botts L.L.P. and Vinson & Elkins LLP in Austin, Texas for four years. Before entering private practice, Chris clerked for the Honorable Priscilla R. Owen of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Chris received his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law in 2011. After his second year, he was named Vice Chancellor of the Chancellors honor society, an award given to the student with the second-highest GPA in the class. Chris graduated from Baylor University in 2008, summa cum laude, and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
Chris is a member of the State Bar of Texas. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
University of Texas School of Law
- J.D., with highest honors
- Vice Chancellor
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Law Review, Notes Editor
- B.S., summa cum laude, chemistry and economics
- Phi Beta Kappa
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- State of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Honors & Professional Associations
- Named Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2021 (a Thomson Reuters service)
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois.