Christie graduated in the top ten percent of her class at the University of Tulsa College of Law with Honor, where she was an editor for the Energy Law Journal and the ABA’s Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Year in Review. She received her B.A. from Texas A&M University-Commerce, where she played NCAA Women’s Golf and graduated summa cum laude with High Honors.
After graduating from law school, Christie worked as a prosecutor in East Texas. She was responsible for trying criminal cases and representing CPS in cases involving the termination of parental rights. She also represented the State of Texas in criminal and CPS appeals, and successfully argued before the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
Shortly after her success at the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, Christie became a staff attorney for the Twelfth Court of Appeals in Tyler. She worked on both criminal and civil cases. After nearly four years of service, she moved to Dallas to be with her husband and entered private practice.
Christie is admitted to practice in the State of Texas, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit.
University of Tulsa College of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, with Honor
Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude with High Honors
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- State of Texas
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers