John’s practice includes all aspects of intellectual property law, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation, licensing, and prosecution related to a diverse range of technologies, including software, telecommunications, electronics, medical devices, financial services, networking, semiconductors, and the mechanical arts. He devotes a substantial portion of his practice to resolving intellectual property disputes, from pre-litigation investigations through all phases of litigation, including inter partes reviews. John also counsels both large and small companies to help them identify, protect, and monetize their intellectual property assets.
Before joining Nelson Bumgardner Conroy, John practiced intellectual property matters for more than seven years at Baker Botts and Baker McKenzie in Dallas.
John received his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude. He received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin in 2001. Prior to attending law school, John worked as a software developer at Cisco Systems in Silicon Valley.
John is a member of the State Bar of Texas. He is also admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas and the Northern District of Illinois.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude
University of Texas – Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Review and other Post-Grant Patent Proceedings
- Patent Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- IP Portfolio Development and Counseling
- Commercial Litigation
- State of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois.