Joseph focuses his practice primarily on patent litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Joseph gained experience in both in-house and law firm settings as an attorney, advising clients in the areas of litigation, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, research grant compliance, and corporate compliance.
Joseph is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a patent attorney and has experience in patent prosecution, analytics, and due diligence in the technical areas of the chemical & mechanical arts, biotechnology, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Joseph worked as a Research Associate on federal grants focusing on the ethical, legal, and social issues associated with intellectual property, healthcare economics, privacy, organ donation, bioethics and nanotechnology.
Joseph holds a Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology, where he graduated with a Certificate in Intellectual Property and was a fellow of the Chicago Intellectual Property Colloquium. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Illinois Institute of Technology
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- Chicago Intellectual Property Colloquium Fellow
University of Illinois
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Inter Partes Review and other Post-Grant Patent Proceedings
- Patent Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Development and Counseling
- General Corporate Counseling
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- University of Illinois Alumni Association
*Not licensed to practice in Texas.