Nick’s practice focuses on intellectual property law and commercial litigation, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation. He has worked on technologies including telecommunications, networking, electronics, wireless transmission techniques, messaging protocols, gesture-recognition techniques, and medical devices.
Prior to joining Nelson Bumgardner Albritton, Nick practiced law with Reed & Scardino in Austin, Texas. He received his law degree with Honors from the University of Texas School of Law in 2010. During law school, Nick interned for Justice David Medina at the Texas Supreme Court, and for Judge Harry Hudspeth at the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. He graduated from Texas State University – San Marcos in 2010, summa cum laude.
Nick is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas.
University of Texas School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, With Honors
Texas State University – San Marcos
- Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Inter Partes Review and other Post-Grant Patent Proceedings
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- IP Portfolio Development and Counseling
- Commercial Litigation
- State of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois